Virtual IOP Programs led by highly trained eating disorder specialists.
Virtual Intensive Outpatient Programs – With a Full Binge Eating Disorder Tract and Group Therapy sessions
While traditional in-person treatment approaches remain powerful tools for recovery, growing evidence suggests that virtually delivered care is both convenient and impactful. Results from a 2021 study from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center’s Center for Eating Disorders indicate that “patients experience significant improvements in ED symptoms during virtual treatment delivery.” A 2020 statistical review indicated that clients participating in virtual intensive outpatient programming for the treatment of eating disorders “showed significant and clinically meaningful improvements in all outcomes measured, including self-reported eating disorder symptoms, depression, self-esteem, quality of life, and overall satisfaction. VIOP appears feasible, acceptable, and evidence clinically meaningful changes in eating and mood disorder symptoms.”
Prosperity’s innovative, gender-inclusive programs seek to meet clients quite literally wherever they are, both in the recovery process and across the commonwealth. Our programs offer comprehensive, engaging care to address the complex challenges of recovery. Clients will gain tools to manage distress, challenge the beliefs that support their eating disorder, and enjoy the support of a caring community of professionals and peers. Clients are linked with a dedicated individual treatment team, consisting of both nutrition and therapy providers, who meet with you individually each week to monitor progress and collaborate with each client on their unique recovery path.
Our Approach for our clients:
- Prosperity subscribes to the Health At Every Size® (HAES®) approach and an All Foods Fit model.
- Nutrition sessions focus on a ‘non-diet’ approach emphasizing building a long-lasting, positive relationship with food.
- Group therapy sessions consist of evidence-based approaches and are hosted in a safe, peaceful, and encouraging environment. Our goal is to empower individuals to heal, thrive and live their lives victoriously.
- We now accept clients with all eating disorder diagnoses – that can include a separate tract for Binge Eating Disorder.
- Programming will run from 5 pm to 8 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Clients can see their therapist and dietitian in person or virtually.
- IOP includes weekly individual therapy and nutrition counseling with providers that specialize in eating disorders.
- Group topics include intuitive eating and nutrition education, body image, cognitive restructuring, processing of current life stressors, and empowering relationships.
- We believe it is vital for our clients to understand how they developed an eating disorder, how it has been maintained, and how to live a full life without one. Someone’s self-discovery, finding joy and purpose in their life and how to maintain a healthy relationship with self and others are what drive our therapy.
Insurance and Registration:
- Prosperity is In-Network with Cigna, Aetna, Anthem, BCBS Federal, Healthkeepers, Optima, & Beacon Health and Tricare. Single Case Agreements are negotiable with Optum, United Healthcare, Carefirst and other insurance.
- Each participant must complete an intake assessment by a Prosperity nutritionist and therapist before admission.
- For more information call: 703-466-5150 x 803
Our Virtual Adult IOP is created in a way that all individuals will be matched with the therapist and dietitian that is best suited for them. Our experienced providers specialize in binge eating disorder, anorexia, bulimia, and OSFED. We have a separate track for our binge-eating population.
Friends and Family Support Group at 6 pm. Open to the community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. These are currently being held virtually. Please contact us so that we can give you a Zoom invite. Free
Tuesdays: Adult virtual therapy group at 7 pm.
Thursdays: Adult Virtual Binge Eating Disorder Therapy Group at 5 pm.
Email email@example.com or call 703-466-5150 to register for any event.