Eating Disorders Meal Support
There is a wealth of eating disorder resources on the internet and in books that will really help you understand and empower you to aid in your recovery or be a support for those in recovery. Here are just a few to get you started.
- Recovery Warriors
- Brene Brown
- The Eating Disorder Recovery Podcast
Eating Disorder Resources For Families
- Recovery Road Maps created to help families optimize every aspect of the treatment experience
- 100 Questions and Answers about Eating Disorders
by Carolyn Costin, MA, MED, MFCC
- Sick Enoughby Jeniffer Gaudiani
- How to Nourish Your Child Through an Eating Disorder by Casey Crosbie RD CSSD, Wendy Sterling MS RD CSSD, et al.
- Brave Girl Eating
- Eating With Your Anorexic
- Father Hunger
Margo Maine, PhD
- Parent’s Guide to Eating Disorders
Marcia Herrin, EDD, MPH, RD & Nancy Masumoto
- Life Beyond Your Eating Disorder
Johanna S. Kandel
- Ed Says U Say
By Catherine Sangster and June Alexander
- Adolescent Girls and Orthorexia
Other Helpful Links
- If you feel you are in a crisis or need to talk to someone after hours: https://www.crisistextline.org/
- Call 1-800-273-8255 to reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Stay Strong Richmond, http://www.staystrongvirginia.org Provides support, advocacy, education and resources to families, friends and professionals in the Virginia area.
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA): Provides support, advocacy, treatment finder, parent and educator toolkits, blogs, and general information regarding eating disorders.www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Parenting in a Disordered Eating Ecosystem https://more-love.org/
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Related Illnesses (ANAD): A long-standing organization dedicated to the prevention and alleviation of eating disorders. www.anad.org
- The Alliance for Eating Disorder Awareness: An organization that endeavors to raise awareness, promote early intervention, and eliminate stigma related to eating disorders. The Alliance publishes Treatment Referral Guides each year for providers and families as they search for the right treatment program. www.allianceforeatingdisorders.com
- Maudsley Parents: A resource website that provides information about Family Based Therapy and links to providers and programs that offer the Maudsley approach. www.maudsleyparents.org
- Eating Disorder Hope: Education and support for individuals suffering from eating disorders and their families and friends. www.eatingdisorderhope.com
- Families Empowered and Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders (FEAST): Empowering families through education, support, and advocacy. www.feast-ed.org
Virtual Group Therapies and Support Groups and Mentorship
Employment For Eating Disorder Specialists
If you are a provider that has a special interest and experience in the eating disorder field, we may have a position for you. Prosperity is a comprehensive, integrative, and dynamic team that has many opportunities for growth.
We are currently hiring for the following roles:
Nutrition Technician for the Norfolk location.
For more information, please contact Heather Baker, LCSW, CEDS at HeatherB@prosperityedwell.com