Prosperity’s highly trained eating disorder specialists will give you expert and compassionate treatment for your journey to a full recovery.
Prosperity is a warm, therapeutic, and friendly environment, where we provide effective and efficient treatment by highly trained clinical providers with extensive experience treating eating disorders.
We believe that the best treatment plans are unique to the patient’s personal needs, strengths, and interests.
Small age groups are separated to best meet the needs of the patients.
We believe that everyone can reach a full recovery from their eating disorder. Eating disorders develop for different reasons and in different ways. It is important to heal not only the body but the emotional and relational wounds that may have come first. We strongly believe that the family is involved in their loved one’s care. We are a Health at Every Size, All Foods Fit, and individualized compassionate treatment program.
We use the evidenced-based treatments of CBT, DBT, ACT and RO/DBT therapy as well as holistic therapies.
At Prosperity, we believe that all foods can fit into a nutritionally balanced lifestyle. We work alongside our clients to create a meal plan that has been individualized for them in a way that promotes self-efficacy and a positive relationship with food. We believe in challenging the diet mentality and that you truly can have health at any size. Most clients begin with a structured meal plan individualized for their specific needs and to encourage normalization of eating patterns. We use a plate based system that allows the client to pay attention to portioning and nutrient balance. But we also can use exchange-based plans if that is what is best for the client.
During meals they will challenge their eating disorder thoughts as well as their table behaviors, fear foods, and food rules and rituals. During their treatment process, clients will be presented with exposures such as portioning practice, grocery outings, restaurant outings, cooking groups, challenge snacks, and more. Each meal includes processing time for the clients to discuss their challenges and determine what skills are most helpful to them and how to continually move towards recovery. As clients begin to stabilize and become more in tune with their hunger and fullness cues, their team will transition them towards an intuitive eating plan that will provide them with true food freedom. Our goal is to not just overcome the eating disorder, but to set our clients up for a lifetime of success.
What, when, why and how you eat are critical components of your medical, emotional and physiological eating disorder recovery care. Here at Prosperity, your clinical nutrition expert is an integral part of your recovery team.
Our Registered Dietitians not only educate our clients about food and physiology they also:
- Teach therapeutic eating and cooking skills in a full kitchen
- Foster clients eating mindfulness and self-awareness
- Enable clients to understand, determine and discontinue destructive eating patterns while constructing new strong, restorative eating patterns
- Enable clients to specifically understand and change emotional associations with food
- Strategize to determine obstacles to healthy nourishment while finding specific, healthful solutions
- Promote clients eating and exercise self-regulation and awareness
- Empower clients to know, understand and change their current internal dialogue and beliefs surrounding food, eating, body weight and exercise allowing them to transform their mindset to be congruent with a recovery pattern.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Monday-Friday from 8am-3pm.
- For adults 18 years and older or Children/Adolescents 10-17 years old.
- Programming includes twice weekly therapy, twice weekly nutrition counseling, weekly psychiatry, family/team meeting and family therapy.
- Prosperity uses the evidenced-based therapies of DBT, CBT, RODBT and ACT.
- Art therapy, yoga therapy, and meditation are among some holistic therapies.
- Clients will have two meals and two snacks while in the program in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Chef made meals that include vegetarian options.
- Discounted rates at a nearby motel is offered. Housing for PHP
Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) – In Person
- We provide intensive outpatient treatment (IOP) for all ages, gender and types of eating disorders for the pursuit of a full recovery.
- Prosperity’s Teen IOP meets three nights a week from 5-8pm. Age range is 10-18 years old.
- Adult IOP is for ages 18 and above and also meets three nights a week from 5-8pm.
- Age Groups are separated to best meet the needs of the patients.
In Person programming includes supportive meals, CBT, DBT skills groups, process groups, Body Image, Art Therapy, and Nutrition groups. Individual Therapy and Nutrition Counseling is included on a weekly basis.
Virtual Intensive Outpatient Programs – Via Zoom
Binge Eating Program: Meets three evenings a week from 5-8pm. This program includes intuitive eating meal supports, process groups, coping skills groups, dietetic groups. We are a non-diet facility that believes in Health At Every Size and is a non-judgmental and supportive environment. Our program is lead by experts in binge eating treatment. There is an option Friday in person sessions that focus on intuitive eating and cooking. Individual therapy and dietetic counseling is included weekly.
Teen Program: Meets via Zoom three nights a week from 5-8pm which includes DBT and CBT skills groups, processing, yoga and art therapy and supportive meals. Individual counseling and dietetic counseling is included weekly. Great for college students, working parents, and those without access to a closer IOP program.
Adult Program: Meets via Zoom three nights a week from 5-8pm which includes DBT and CBT skills groups, processing, yoga and art therapy and supportive meals. Individual counseling and dietetic counseling is included weekly. Great for children and teens that aren’t able to commute to a local IOP program.